Monday, May 29, 2006

It's good to talk

At what age do babies become toddlers and start to talk? Rosie is jabbering away right now with new sounds coming out all the time. She is a real chatter box and I think she said "Dad Dad" the other day in the garden - but I'm not sure. We both keep encouraging her to chatter on the phone, she loves phones but when you hand one over and it talks to her she just goes silent and starts pressing all the buttons.

I'm not going to e-mail the baby guru Gina Ford about this ... although you won't believe some of the questions she does get ... like "should I stop potty training my 23 month old son?" You have to join to the Contented Baby site to see the answer ...

I think this period of waiting for speech leaves me with two thoughts ... we take ages to get them to talk and then constantly tell them to be quiet ... and I wonder how much the phone bill will be when she "talks" to her friends on the phone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home