Sunday, May 28, 2006

Does TV rot your brain?

Is this post posing a daft question? In the 1950's when I grew up newspapers carried stories about television affecting young minds .... and periodically they still do. I ask this question because Rosie has taken to a couple of the shows on CBEEBIES the channel for young children. She is prticularly partial to "Teletubbies", "64 Zoo Lane" and "Balamory". But if I see PC Plum search for the perfect buscuit one more time I'll scream.

When Ben and Michael were growing up there just wasn't the range of programmes available as there are now - poor boys just had 4 channels to choose from and they all showed the childrens programmes at the same time! Mind you I can remember two things very clearly - first that they loved WAC "Wide Awake Club" and secondly my utter relief when they could get up in the morning AND switch the video on themselves - bliss! So is Rosie any different? I guess not ..... "Time for Teletubbies ..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home