Sunday, May 21, 2006

The French & Irish cast

You'll see a picture of me and my Uncle Dan who is the last of my dads brothers and sisters living on the family farm near Timoleague in West Cork, Ireland. It is such beautiful place, the farm overlooks the sea and you can get an idea of just how fine the area is by looking at the website.
There is also a photo of me, Helen and Rosie with our "French" relatives in Kinsale in Ireland on holiday. Actually they are Helen's parents, Pat & Elissa who are from Ormskirk near Liverpool but have a house in France near the bastide town of Eymet in the Dordogne. If you click on the website for Eymet you'll see how wonderful the weather is - and the food, wine, scenery, people etc. So I wonder why so many Brits have houses there?
So why am I starting my 51st year still living in Leicester 100 yards from where my mum grew up - that is a very interesting question. I ought to show you where I've lived in those 50 years really - fascinating journey - and all within 5 miles of where I am typing this blog! But that's for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home