Thursday, May 18, 2006

Starting again

This is Rosie May. She is brilliant - sleeps 12 hours a night, is really happy and is wonderful. But what father wouldn't say that about his daughter. Rosie is 14 months old and now I'm 50 I am just about getting used to the fact that in August she will have a new brother or sister. It's my own fault, but so far I am loving every minute of it.

I had two boys in my 20's and they have now flown the nest to jobs and university - so why am I time travelling to live my life over again? I got married again in 2003 and it has all just sort of happened. I am slightly terrified of the new arrival, what if they don't sleep like Rosie or have the same placid character - what if they are like their mother? And it is going to be so different to bringing up children in Thatcher's Britain of the 1980's .... or will it?

We went to a scan to find out the gender - but the little so and so was moving about so much the midwife couldn't tell. "Means it's a boy" said everyone - well alomost everyone - the others said "means it's a girl". Well at least they can't both be right. Can they?

Hope you enjoy the blog - i won't be offering advice but if you can learn from my cock-ups then that will be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home