Thursday, December 14, 2006

A tribute to Mick

Sad news today. Mick Beesley died in the night. Mick was my life saver in hospital in 2000. I'd had three heart operations in quick succession and spent 3 months in hospital. By co-incidence Mick had an infection in the same valve as me. He was in the bed opposite and just looked after me - I was getting divorced at the time so with the operations as well I was really just ready to give up on life. Mick had other ideas - he got me up and about the hospital, kept my spirits up and helped me recover, probably more than the drugs injected straight into my heart did! Since then he came to my wedding, 50th birthday, christening .. all the big events. In fact if it wasn't for Mick there would be no Rosie and Emily - or me. I'll miss him very much - haven't been so sad since my mum and dad died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home